Saturday, March 1, 2008

+Dark Distortions+

So, I went out to the mailbox today to see what bills have collected there, when, to my surprise, there was a brown wrapped package with my name on it sitting amongst the junk mail and the lone bill. No, it’s not what some of you are thinking. It was something so much better.

After breaking into the well sealed package using my knife and a pair of very dull scissors, I was treated to the crispest cover I have ever seen on a book. Holy cow, pictures don't do this book justice.

Dark Distortions stared back at me. I showed it to my wife who immediately took the book and just looked at the cover for about a minute. For my wife, that is a long time.She smiled, a sure sign that she liked it.Then I flipped through the brilliantly white pages. It truly is a sight to behold.

I was left in utter awe of the magnificent work Scotopia Press, and more specifically, Molly Feese and C.D. Allen, put into this anthology. I can honestly say it is not like anything I have ever seen before.

They really outdid themselves.

Now, I must order a couple of more--I'm afraid to touch the one I have for fear of damaging it in some way.

Let’s see, where can you find this. Well, how about here:


Scotopia Press

And, here is the thing--this is near 600 pages of book with a lot of really good authors in it. Mark Deloy, Petra Miller, Kim Despins, Dan Naden, DC Sowders, John Logan, Erik Smetena, Chris Morrow, Brandy Leah Schwan, to name a few.

So, check them out--you won't regret it.

Sign me out, Corn.

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment