Monday, June 16, 2008

Like Father Like Daughter

There are moments in a parents life that make you wonder about your children. They either say or do something that make you question whether you really are the parent of that child of if they are some alien from another planet, not just another country. They make you want to look at your spouse and asks, “Whose kid is this?”

Well, this is not one of those moments.

A couple of nights ago I was playing with play dough with my daughter and son. I looked down at what my daughter was making and I frowned.

“What is that?” I asked.

“A bed,” she responds.

“It’s really small,” I say. “Are you going to make a really small person and put on it?”

”No,” she says: "I am making a girl whose head spins around and she throws up."

After taking this in for a few seconds I asked my daughter, "What did you say?"

"I am making a girl whose head spins around and she throws up."

I shake my head, not sure I have heard correctly and asked her, "Sweets, where did you hear that?"

"On Ace of Cakes. A woman made a cake where a girl's head spins around and she throws up." This just happens to be a show where people bake cakes according to a theme and the winner takes home a lot of money.

"But, how did you know that?"

"I asked Mommy and she told me it was a movie about a demon who was inside this girl and made her head spin around and throw up. Do you know what the movie is called?"

"Yes, honey."

"What?"

"The Exorcist."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Chloe--I've seen the movie several times. The girl's name is Linda Blair."

My daughter looked up at me, eyes wide and says, "YOU mean she’s REAL?"


I couldn't help but laugh out loud at that comment. Leave it to my daughter to pick the vomiting Linda Blair to make a play dough figure out of. She’s just like her daddy. It makes me so proud . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment