Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dark Distortions and The Woodshed

Hello?

Hello out there . . .

Well, where did everyone get off to? They were all here earlier. Oh well, I think I'll just place this poster up on the wall and go ahead and leave.

Well, hello there. Someone stuck around for the nightcap. I'm glad to hear that. I was afraid I was going to leave without having to perform.

What's that? What am I hanging? It's a poster. Oh, you know that. Yeah, I guess so. Umm . . . well, it's a poster for Dark Distortions, an anthology put out by Scotopia Press.

Why would I do that? Simple--there are a lot of good stories in there. Dan Naden's Last Word, Petra Miller's Shade, Pick, by Erik Smetana, Onus by Kim Despins, 18 Wheels of Hell by Mark Deloy and the list goes on and on and on.

That's it? Oh no. There are so many more that I haven't mentioned.

But, why advertise for this book, you ask? Well, I have a story in it as well. It is called The Woodshed and it was eight years in the making. Don't look at me like that. Yeah, it took a while but when I wrote it, I really didn't know anything about writing. But, in all honesty it is a really good story.

What's it about? Hmmm . . . well, I would tell you to buy the book but then that would just be rude. How about this:

In the backwoods of the North Carolina hills two brothers live in fear of a rundown woodshed at the end of their path.

Sheltering fuels to darker fires, their father awaits.

Years later they return to extinguish a smoldering pain.

What they find . . .

. . . could be the end of them both.


So, yeah, I guess I have a personal stake in this as well. What? Where do you buy the book? Oh that is easy. Just go to Scotopia Press and you can order the book. It's 591 pages chock full of great stories.

Will you like it? Well, there is something in there for just about everyone. The only way you'll know is if you buy one and read it.

Okay, well I'll be going on shortly, so if you want to sit back and grab a drink I've got a couple of more of these posters to hang up. Thanks for stopping by.

AJ

1 comment:

  1. I'm halfway through and so far The Woodshed is my favorite story.

    ReplyDelete